Monday, August 8, 2011

A Message to Fudamentalist..and whoever wants to read.

Many of you know that the Lord comes first..the gay second. But what most of you don't know is that I did go to a Missionary school. I was studying to be a Bible based Counselor. Lately, while listening to all the rhetoric from the far right on gay community and bible law, I have had placed on my heart to write to the far right fundies. All my friends, bear with me on this. Enjoy the reading. This is a bit wordy. But trust me y'all! I do have a pointive message.

Luke 10:30-37:Then Jesus answered and said:"A certain man went down to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who robbed him, stripped him of his clothes, wounded him, and left him for dead. Now by chance a certain priest saw him and passed by on the other side of the road. Likewise a Levite came, looked at him, and passed on the other side as well. But a certain Samaritan came and saw him and had compassion.So he went to him, bandaged him, poured oil and wine on the wounds, brought him to an inn and took care of him. So which of these three was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?" And they answered "He who showed mercy on him" and Jesus said "Go and do likewise."

Little history here...Samaritans were the most hated people at the time. Travellers would go miles out of their way to avoid Samaria. Why use a Samaritan? Read on.

This story may be the most misinterpreted of all the parables of Jesus. This is not just a story of a traveller doing a good deed. If that was the case, then no reason to make the "good" man a Samaritan. Any ordinary decent man would have done just as well. But a Samaritan? This turns the world upside down.
This is a story about the doer, not the deed.This is a story about the Kingdom of God. Jesus is telling His audience that the Kingdom of God will turn human values and judgments upside down.
Old ideas will be reversed.  A person who was once despised (the Samaritan[homosexual]) will be held up as an example. Traditionally revered figures (Priest and Levites[fundamentalist]) and attitudes will be rejected.
This is not a condemnation story on the Priest and Levites. their behavior is consistent with what they stand for--ritual holiness as a mark of respect for Gods law and worship.
But Jesus condemns people who scrupulously follow an external law rather than be guided by internal conscience. It is a damning indictment of comfortable, entrenched  prejudices, and a clarion call to adopt the new values, the new ways of living, that will be the Kingdom of God.

And just as in John 4:6-28, We see Jesus speaking with a woman at the well. A Samaritan woman. She, herself, is marveled that a Jew is speaking to her. Jesus even calls her out. "Go to your husband..." "I have no husband..." Jesus says right you are "For the man you live with is not your husband, you have had five." This is a grave sin in these days. Throughout this whole story, even after she recognised that He was the Messiah, do we see Jesus asking her to repent of her sins? No. He accepted the  Samaritan woman as she was. A SAMARITAN.

Time will come that the Fundamentalist Christian will know that ALL are accepted into the Kingdom of God. Yes, we Samaritans, not all faithful followers mind you, are loved by Jesus.

When I came out to myself, I remember the weeping and wailing I did.  I screamed at God for doing this to me. Why do you have me here at this school full of Pharisees and Levites? Why must I be gay in this Christian world that hates me? And the answer I received was "Do not hate yourself my child. I have big plans for you. I do not make
mistakes. It is all for my plan."  I believe the Lord came to me as a Samaritan at the well. Who cares if I'm Samaritan [homosexual]. go and do His work. Go into Samaria [gay community] and draw others unto Him. It has been my mission, up to now, to show Gods love to a hurt community. Too many Pharisees and Levites [fundamentalist] condemn instead of love. This is the story of the "Good Samaritan" The Pharisees and Levites condemned. the Samaritan Loved. I hope to always be that Samaritan.

*please note that Bible references are from the KJV {King James Version} with paraphrasing by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment