Monday, August 29, 2011

Are you listening to me here?

Recent events on the East Coast have really been brought to light by Christian Fundamentalist. What with an earthquake and hurricane in almost a few months span. Pat Robertson of the 700 club says the crack in the Washington Monument is a sign from God. Michele Bachman claims "I don't know how much God has to do to get the attention of Politicians. He said 'Are you listening to me here?'"
OK..if you follow me at all you know I have my own strong Christian beliefs. So I have decided to use their own sword to fight back, just a little. Bear with me here.

1 Kings 19:11 & 12-Then He said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord." And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire;and after the fire a still small voice.
Still small voice: to intimate that God would do His work in and for Israel in His own time, not by might or power, but by His own spirit which moves with a powerful, but yet, sweet and gentle gale.
Zechariah 4;6-So He answered and said unto me: "This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit," says the Lord of host.

So now we have Christian and Political leaders using these same tragedies for their gain and purpose.Hmmm. You know, the God I serve doesn't pick and choose whom to punish. Seems this great storm bypassed Canada. What with its Gay Marriage and all.
So no disaster has befallen them. No great earthquakes or Storms of the Century have fallen on Mexico. What with its Gay Marriage and all and it's drug cartels. So God just decided to strike the United States? PAHLEEZE!

I have been waiting to hear from someone about Texas. Texas has had the worst heat in it's history. People are dying from heat-stroke. Lakes and rivers are drying up. Corn crops are withering away. Could this be God? Is God angry with Texas? After all, it does harbour alot of hate and prejudice. Right? Oh wait.....it is home to one of the biggest right winged fundamentalist in Politics. Rick Perry. And one of our past Presidents. George "W" Bush. So God couldn't be upset with Texas, right? So whats the big difference? Do you serve a God that picks and chooses? I know I don't. And if anything, I see it more in Scripture where God punishes believers more harshly than non-believers. So Texas should be obliterated!

Now Ms. Bachman, I do not believe this hurricane to be a wake up call to politicians on the economy. To send a hurricane to harm hundreds and destroy billions of dollars worth in this economy is just insane. Instead of blaming God for adding to this bad economy, why not show us the Christian love that you so profess to have. Go to the effected areas and help then rebuild. Rebuild their homes, their lives, and even, maybe, their souls.

One of her spokespersons later said "Obviously she was saying it in jest." Given her view, it's not that obvious. And you JEST about blaming God? Blame God when you do not get the nomination or the Presidency. I hope Christian America noticed.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment