Monday, December 19, 2011

Sorry...No room at this inn!

You know...I read a disturbing article the other day. An article by the group known as the Rainbow Sash Movement.This is an LGBT group who's main mission is to hold the Roman Catholic Church to a higher standard in regards to sexuality. This is a wonderful group. Please Youtube them. I promise you, you will like them.

Now, their article was on the Salvation Army and Catholic Charities. It dealt with the high rate of homeless, hungry LGBT families that are out there in this world. We don't think of it, but yes, in this declining economy, we must look at the fact that even we LGBT'ers are affected. We've lost jobs. We've lost homes. And it's a sad fact that the nations two largest charitable organizations are...here I go...going to ruffle a few feathers...HOMOPHOBIC! Both organizations say that their religious beliefs on Homosexuality take precedence when it comes to taking care of the LGBT poor. In some cases, even refusing shelter to same sex couples unless they deny who they are and break up. REALLY? That's Christian? Where is that written? Not in my Bible!
I do not see Jesus the Christ healing the blind man or the centurions daughter, the lepers, the possessed or anyone with conditions! NO! He simply saw a need, fulfilled it.
The deed came not before the need. In fact it was the opposite. He filled the need and the deed followed.
I work in a major grocery store here where I live. I see the Salvation Army bell ringer every day. If they knew that he was as flamey as the Star of Bethlehem, his light would probably be without a job. And one of the women's shelters here is run by Catholic Charities. With a Big ole dykemeister in charge. I am beginning to think they treat us like the Black Entertainers of the 1950's.. It' ok to sing and dance for us, but do not sit at our tables or use our hotels.
So this holiday season I would like to remind ALL charitable groups the words of the Christ Himself..........
"For I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink.
I was a stranger and you took Me in";.....Then the righteous will answer and say
"Lord when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
 Or see you as a stranger and take You in?".....And the King will answer "I say
 to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you
it to Me." Matthew 25:35-40.
May I say Merry Christmas...Happy Hanukkah....Happy Kwanzaa...Blessed Winter Solstice...Or whatever you believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment